WHY YOU SHOULD BECOME A MEMBER OF SANEF
BECOME A SANEF MEMBER
WHY JOIN SANEF?
- Access to a network of editors and senior journalists from across the media industry.
- Access to media academics and cutting edge research from across a number of SA and international universities.
- The collective muscle of the industry to push for better relations with government and corporate stakeholders.
- Access to resources to take on legal cases that are important for strengthening the media industry – and are important for strengthening the constitutional principles of freedom of expression, freedom of the media and access to information.
- The ability to help shape the media policy, legislative and regulatory agendas of government through participating and shaping SANEF’s policy and legislative work.
- The ability to showcase, celebrate and encourage courageous journalism through participating and promoting SANEF’s Nat Nakasa awards.
- Access to training and capacity building programmes such as SANEF’s 2019 National and Provincial Elections programme.
APPLY TO SANEF
- If you are an editor or senior journalist or journalism educator or trainer and you believe in ethical, quality journalism please apply to the sanef office.
- Please find a link to our membership form SANEF MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM-FINAL 15 AUG 22
- There are three categories of membership – “ordinary”, “founder” and “associate”. These are explained on the form.
PAY YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE
Pay Your Membership
- All members need to pay their annual membership fees of R690. Only paid-up members can vote and be elected to be our SANEF Council.
If you prefer to pay your annual membership fee of R600 via ETF, please use the following details:
- Name: South African National Editors’ Forum
- Bank: Nedbank
- Branch: Rosebank
- Brach Code: 197705
- Account Type: Current
- Account Number: 1958531235
- SWIFT Code (for foreign payments): NEDSZAJJ
- Our ref: YOUR FULL NAME
Please e-mail proof of payment to [email protected].