12 July 2019
The South African National Editors’ Forum (SANEF) is a body representing the editors of newspapers, digital and broadcasting platforms in our country. We champion media freedom and the protection of journalists under threat.
SANEF is looking for a dynamic, organised, problem-solving, tech savvy project and office manager with research and writing skills.
- Office management – Oversee the administration of the office and provide support to the Executive Director.
- Project management – Take the lead in coordinating projects including roundtable discussions, the Nat Nakasa Awards and our annual fundraising event.
- Membership – Keep up-to-date membership and related contact lists and ensure payment of annual fees
- Organizing meetings – Organise all logistics for SANEF Council and AGM meetings.
- Communication with members of the media – Assist with media inquiries.
- Database and email list – Keep up-to-date contact lists of all partner organisations, suppliers, donors, the media, etc.
- Media statements – Research and draft media statements.
- IT equipment and systems – maintain all IT equipment.
- Website and social media updating – write and compile material for the website and social media platforms. Ensure the website carries up-to-date and relevant information.
- Financial administration – Utilise Sage Pastel and SANEF templates for generating credit notes, invoices and sending out statements.
A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in administration or finance and a minimum of three years’ experience or equivalent.
Salary – Market related
Events coordination and logistics
Writing in English
Web site maintenance
Social media (Twitter and Facebook)
Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Knowledge, skills and attitude
Commitment to working as part of a team
Good interpersonal skills
Interest in social justice and/or the media
Please send your CV with a maximum of 3 pages and a cover letter to email@example.com. Closing date Friday, 26 July 2019.