Nat Nakasa was a prominent South African journalist and writer who died in exile in 1965. The annual Nat Nakasa award is awarded for courageous and brave journalism. The award recognises any media practitioner – journalist, editor, manager or owner – who has:
* Shown integrity and reported fearlessly;
* Displayed a commitment to serve the people of South Africa;
* Tenaciously striven to maintain a publication or other medium despite insurmountable obstacles;
* Resisted any censorship; and
* Shown courage in making information available to the SA public.
The winner is selected by a jury on the basis of nominations submitted by the public.
Please send your nominations and motivations to [email protected]. The closing date for nominations is 31 May 2019.
The award ceremony will be held at a gala dinner on Saturday 22 June 2019.